Return to the Cookware Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
A-C LTD & Induction Cooktop

Posted by mvdyk03 (My Page) on
Sun, Aug 13, 06 at 21:41

So, over the years, I've sunk a boatload of money into a nice and complete (well, I guess it's never *really* complete) set of A-C LTD cookware. We've also got a couple of the more common Le Creuset pieces (big dutch oven, baker, etc.). We are very happy with all of this, and absolutely love our cookware.

Here's the problem. We're considering an induction cooktop in our new home. Well, actually, I'm pushing for gas, but my better half is pushing for induction. So, of course, we did the magnet test. The magnet stuck like glue to the LC pieces, but wasn't remotely interested in the AC pieces. I *think* this is because the LTD is anodized aluminium on the outside and not stainless, but can someone please confirm (or deny) for me whether A-C LTD will work on induction stovetops.

Thanks much in advance!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: A-C LTD & Induction Cooktop

AC LTD is a no go for induction.

LC will be fine.

o

I was afraid of that. Thanks for the timely response!

o

Only AC's stainless line is magnetic. BTW, not most pans are magnetic but not every pan in that line is (ex. the Roti or roasting pans and some others).

Also, not all stainless steel pans are magnetic and thus induction compatible.

It sounds like the gas option is pulling ahead!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Cookware Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here