Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
akrogirl

All Clad Gold Standard bakeware worth the $$$?

akrogirl
18 years ago

Since DH and I moved into what we hope will be a long term house, we have been upgrading our kitchen appliances and utensils. We finally sprung for All Clad pans after I found one on sale at TJMaxx and finally understood what all the fuss was about.

We now want to replace our motley collection of cheap bakeware. We saw one of the AC Gold Standard baking trays this past weekend and, I have to admit it, it looks so much nicer than any other tray I have seen. Of course, given the price, I guess it should, lol. The big question, however, is whether or not this bakeware is worth the $$$ from a performance point of view. Does anyone have any pieces and, if so, how does the AC compare to other brands out there?

Comments (8)

• lindac
    18 years ago

Don't have any AC bakeware....but I do have commercial grade aluminum baking sheets and I just love it!....perhaps not as pretty as the AC...but I bet it works better!
    And with the money I saved I bought silpat!!
    Linda C

• homepro01
    18 years ago

I own the AC line and commercial heavy weight pans. I love the AC. I wish they were cheaper but the main place I notice the great quality is with Jelly roll or cookie sheets that don't warp when you take them out of the oven. No flexing at all. The commercial pans are heavy but they flex and warp after time. The jelly roll pan would be the one thing if I were trying to save money that I would buy the AC of. I also love how easily they clean up. Dawn power dissolver has made cleaning the commercial pans better but the AC does not need anything at all, just soap and water. I am coveting some Loaf pans because the corners of all my commercial ones start to rust. Rusting is another reason I love the AC line. They have not seams therefore there is no where for water to just lay and rust the pans over time.

Good luck with your choice!

• akrogirl
    Original Author
    18 years ago

Thank you both so much for your input. It sounds as if I might need to convince DH to let me try the AC cookie sheet ;-)

• blondelle
    18 years ago

Cooks Illustrated Reviewed the AC pans and didn't find they perfomed much better than other bakeware to warrant the high prices. They also found that beautiful champagne color discolored. They rated other brands or bakeware higher. Sorry I don't recall which they liked. Maybe someone else can help with that.

• homepro01
    18 years ago

I have had these pans going on two to three years and they have not discolored.

Good luck!

• Kathy Thornton
    7 years ago

I have 2 gold plated All-Clad cookie sheets 17 X 14 and there is no comparison between them and any other brand. They heat evenly because they are heavy and gold is a great conductor of heat. I actually won mine eons ago (at the time they were going for over $100 each). The look as good as the day I got them. I'm not sure they make bakeware anymore, Look for heavy sheets and non-stick is not necessary

• homepro01
    7 years ago

Kathy,

I still have my pans. I also have bakeware from the gold collection. Every so often I will see them on eBay. I love them and they continue to work perfectly.

• sushipup1
    7 years ago

The pans are not gold plated. Not sure about the All-Clad, those are not available, but the Williams-Sonoma description of their line of bakewear says:

• Commercial-grade aluminized steel distributes heat quickly and evenly for consistent baking results.
    • The Goldtouch ceramic coating reinforces our pans making them more
      resistant to abrasion than normal non-stick surfaces and releases food
      with ease.
Sponsored
NME Builders LLC
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars2 Reviews
Industry Leading Kitchen & Bath Remodelers in Franklin County, OH