Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
joeekaitis

How shall we observe Corning Ware's 50th anniversary? :)

joeekaitis
17 years ago

Yes, I know, some sources say Corning Ware Pyroceram cookware went on the market in 1957, but World Kitchen's www.corningware.com website claims the year was 1958.

So be it. If they're going to observe 2008 as the 50th anniversary of "CorningWare", why don't we celebrate 2008 as the anniversary of genuine Corning Ware Pyroceram cookware, if only to set the record straight?

Ladies and gentlemen, we proudly propose The Corning Ware All-American Pyroceram POT-LUCK!

It's only in the planning stages now but if anyone's interested in helping to put together media kits, pot-luck planners and other materials, we might just get enough media attention and let the truth be known about Corning Ware Pyroceram versus today's "CorningWare" stoneware.

The Corning Ware All-American Pyroceram POT-LUCK won't be an elaborate central event like a collectors' convention. That's too unwieldy and expensive. Instead, the POT-LUCK will take place over a weekend in 2008 in homes all over the country, and heck, our friends all over the world can join in, too! What we're celebrating is the ingenuity that created Corning Ware Pyroceram cookware.

We will observe 2 simple rules:

1. Every dish for the pot-luck must be prepared and served in genuine Corning Ware Pyroceram cookware, from soup and salad through main course entrees and on to dessert. Blue Cornflower, Spice o' Life, Autumn Harvest, Plain White and French White are all invited, just as long as it's Pyroceram.

2. Everyone who arrives hungry will go home full of good food and good memories of growing up with genuine Corning Ware.

That's it. If it says "CorningWare" but it's NOT Pyroceram, kindly leave it at home. When I put the POT-LUCK planner together, I'll include a section on identifying the real thing.

Well, that's it for now. Anyone else interested? :)

Comments (6)