Return to the Cookware Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Looking for 1/2 cup microwave safe cup or glass

Posted by ginnyginny (My Page) on
Tue, Aug 25, 09 at 19:20

I want a small microwave safe container to heat up milk for my coffee.

With all that we have to buy today I cannot find anything that fits the bill.

I did find a 1/4 cup condiment container that works, but it's just a tad too small.

For a long time I used a "cheese glass" as my mother called them. American Cheese and other flavors still come in nice small glass containers. After using one for quite a while it broke. Maybe it broke because I used it too long. It was the perfect size, what do you think about me just going back to that and hoping it will last for a couple of months?

Thanks
Ginny

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Looking for 1/2 cup microwave safe cup or glass

I got a small cream pitcher, probably at WalMart or some such place, years ago. It's about 1/2 cup, just like this!! (too funny), and I use it in the microwave all the time to heat up milk. I have a larger stainless pitcher for frothing.

Amazon has a good selection.

o

I would just put the amount of milk you want to heat up in a 1-cup glass measuring cup.

o

I just put the milk in my coffee mug, microwave that, then pour the coffee into that mug. Repeat as needed. However, if you specifically want a 4 oz. creamer/pitcher, here's a MW-safe one. There's also the classic Apilco cow-shaped creamer. I also think this milk bottle creamer is cute, but it's larger than you want.

o

Thank you all for your ideas! I should be able to find something among them that will work. I so much appreciate you taking the time to give me ideas!!
Ginny

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Cookware Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here