Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
jenva2010

baking pans: metal vs. ceramic vs. stoneware vs. ???

jenva2010
13 years ago

In the past, I've always used metal baking pans for everything -- nothing special, just whatever looked good at Target. I would like to buy some new pans, and I'm wondering what materials are best suited to what foods. I've been drooling over some beautiful ceramic and stoneware baking pans, but I don't want to buy them for looks if they aren't ideal for what I bake. Mostly in the past I've baked cakes, cobblers, and quick breads. I'm hoping to branch out into yeast breads, pies, and some other baked desserts.

If ceramic or stoneware would give good results, is there a performance difference between ceramic and stoneware? Also, I know the expensive brands like Emile Henry and Le Creuset are gorgeous and heavy, but are they also significantly better baking-wise than, for example, Target's Giada baking dishes? If some ceramic/stoneware baking dishes are better than others, are there certain characteristics to look for if I see an unfamiliar brand at HomeGoods? Or should I just stick to specific name brands (and if so, which ones?)

Thanks!

Comments (3)

Sponsored
NME Builders LLC
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars2 Reviews
Industry Leading General Contractors in Franklin County, OH