Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
piscesgirl

Stoneware dishes - bad idea?

piscesgirl
11 years ago

We have had our Pfaltzgraff Heritage dishes for probably 10 years now. The dishes were getting scratched and marked up pretty bad. It seams to gave gotten even worse in the last year we have had our new 18/10 stainless steel flatware (Crate and Barrel Charlemagne). I have tried cleaning the dishes with Bar Keepers Friend and while they did clean up ok (not perfect, but ok) as soon a dish was used the marks were all back showing everywhere the utensil had scraped the dish. I guess I could scrub my dishes after every use, but that's just not practical...so I started

looking for new dishes we may like.

Of course we fell in love with more stonewear dishes. The ones we like are made in Portugal and have a lovely shape and unlike the Pfaltzgraff Heritage are a lovely taupe color rather than white.

I guess my question is, is stonewear always going to give me these mark issues? Is it my new flatwear causing the issues or is it jay an issue with stoneware? Are certain stoneware brands better than others?

I guess I am trying to figure out if I should pass on these pretty dishes. Am I destined to have the same issues. I am sure with the taupe coloring marks will be less noticeable. Should switch to porcelain or china? Would those be less likely to mark? Any suggestions are appreciated. Thanks!

Comments (2)