Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
mara_2008

Good cookware on a budget?

mara_2008
14 years ago

[cross-posting from the 'Cooking' forum]

I bought a Kitchen Aid stockpot w/steamer insert not long ago at a local warehouse store; got it for a great price. It's big, 8-quart size, and I love using it for lots of things -- soups, stews, chili, boiling large quantities of most anything. And I really like to steam broccoli and other veggies in it.

The bottom is aluminum encapsulated with stainless steel, and the pot and steamer are also stainless steel. It cooks like a dream. Heat conduction is so awesome, a full pot of water boils in less than 5 minutes! And it sits absolutely flat on my smooth cooktop.

I would really like to have a set of cookware just like it, including a few medium and large saucepans, at least one saute' pan, and a 12-inch frying pan (which I realize I may have to buy separately).

I've been searching high and low online, at the KA website, at different store websites -- Kohl's, Sears, J.C. Penney, Macy's, etc. But I cannot seem to find a set like my stockpot.

Does anyone have a suggestion? I cannot spend a fortune. $150 - $200 would be the very most I would want to spend, and of course I'd love to spend less if I can.

Comment (1)