Return to the Cookware Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Lodge 12' Frying Pan - Bottom???

Posted by pellicanss (My Page) on
Wed, Aug 31, 05 at 13:34

I ordered a 12" Lodge logic Frying pan on-line at the start of the summer to go in my new kitchen. This pan has been on back order since June.

I finally received it yesterday and was severely disappointed to discover that I received a special Boy Scouts of America (BSA)Pan. This pan is different that the rest of Lodge' pan as it has a raised BSA emblem on the bottom of the pan. The raised portion of the emblem is about 1/4" high and will keep the pan about this high off the stove. This means that this pan will have horrible heat transfer.

I'm planning on returning it today. I am really, really bummed out that I need to return it since it took so long to get.

Don't all cast Iron pans had flat bottoms? Or am I missing something?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Lodge 12' Frying Pan - Bottom???

Unfortunately, when purchasing from a catalog or off the internet, the pictures don't usually show the bottom of the pans. This means shopping in person for cookware for me.

Cooking on a smoothtop range has made me very cautious when purchasing any pot or pan. It must have a flat bottom. I have some cast iron skillets that I have owned for years and they have flat bottoms. I recently purchased a cast iron stew type pot with a handle and lid and it has a flat bottom. I ran my hand across all of them on the shelf to find the smoothest bottom and to make sure there are no carbon bumps that could scratch my cooktop.

Were you given any clue that the raised emblem would be on the pan? 1/4" is really very high. I have never seen any pan with that high an emblem. Given the weight of a cast iron pan, I would ask them to pay the return postage charges if you choose to return it.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Cookware Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here