Return to the Cookware Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Induction cookware - Costco, online, etc.

Posted by gma_j (My Page) on
Wed, Aug 5, 09 at 12:30

We put an induction cooktop in the kitchen of our new home. We are close to move-in and I still haven't bought new cookware to use. I am not a gourmet cook so I just need a good, basic set of pots and pans-definitely don't need the most expensive. I'm also rural so would like to order online if I can get some suggestions from those of you who use an induction for cooking. I noticed Costco has sets of cookware....has anyone used them for induction cooking? Any suggestions would be so much appreciated.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Induction cookware - Costco, online, etc.

I don't know what is available at Costco but Cuisinart Multiclad Pro Stainless-Steel is very good, and a good value. Sets are good if you use all the pieces but often they contain useless stuff (too small). Buy from Amazon the pieces you need. (NB Must be multiclad Pro to work on induction)

Things to look for: triple-clad constructions (at least on pans, for pots triple-clad bottom is enough) and pouring lips.

Tramontina from Wal-Mart is an excellent deal ($149 for an 8 piece set! and well priced individual pieces) but it doesn't have pouring lips, a big annoyance. Another inexpensive solution is to buy what you need from IKEA.

Lots more info on this board, Chowhound, and e-gourmet forums.

Here is a link that might be useful: Tramontina set at Walmart

o

Thank you for your info and advice...I'm off to follow your link and to look on Amazon.

o

I purchased Emile's cookware by All Clad at BBB using the 20% off coupon. It has worked like a charm!

o

Infinite Circulon

Some folks claim induction cooktops don't provide uniform heating which produces uneven browning.

I say pancake batter doesn't lie.

I preheated the griddle for at least 5 minutes on the medium setting while I mixed and rested the batter.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Cookware Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here