Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
bramasole_gw

Le Creuset - how did I do?

bramasole
14 years ago

Hi everyone,

I usually cruise the gardening forums, but I just splurged on some Le Creuset baking dishes and needed some enabling, err, feedback. Now is not the best time for me to be buying premium cookware, but the prices looked so lovely, I couldn't help it!

This is what I got at TJ Maxx:

10" rectangular baking dish, kiwi - $14.99

11" oval baking dish, white - $14.99

7" rectangular baking dish, cerise - $6.99

7" rectangular baking dish, cobalt - $5.99

french ramekin set of 2, white - $6.99

Total with tax ~$52. How did I do?

Should I return any, or keep them all? For those of you who have similar sizes, are any of these particular items not very useful in your opinion, or do you love them?

**Also, if I had to keep only one medium size (the 11" oval or 10" rectangle), wich one would you keep?

Thanks in advance!

Comments (6)

• sushipup1
    14 years ago

Be sure that you also post your beautiful finds on the Cooking forum. I'd just be looking at the pretty things instead of thinking about cooking!

Here is a link that might be useful: Cooking forum

• kris_zone6
    14 years ago

If it was me I would keep all. I have bought Le Creuset at Marshall's and always find a use for it even if I didn't really need it.

• bramasole
    Original Author
    14 years ago

Thanks Kris! I came up with a scheme to make myself feel better and yet be a bit more judicious and proactive. I decided to pick a group of LC colors I want to end up with someday, so that I can add pieces flexibly within that range and yet end up with a somewhat harmonic color scheme in the end, since my goal is to keep the pieces for life then pass them on to the kids (hopefully!)

I decided on cobalt/azure, kiwi, and flame for the pots (maybe also caribbean and dijon)
    and white, cobalt and kiwi (and maybe also caribbean) for the stoneware. I think this will help me not be all matchy matchy but still in a harmonious color group I think I will enjoy for life. I love red but I don't think it goes with what I am hoping to achieve, so I'll just have a single red pie dish later. So I'll return the red dish and the ramekins and keep the rest.

Thanks soooo much for chiming in, I really needed someone who knows LC to help enable me, as hubby is out of state for a while and cannot truly understand my love for LC without using it first hand! :-)

• grnidkjun
    14 years ago

I've never picked up any Le Creuset baking dishes at TJM or Marshalls.. yet. I've found a lot of wonderful things in there though.

However, if I came across a 14" rectangle, I'd be highly tempted to pick that up.
    I'd say you could make a nice little lasagna in the rectangle.

Glad you're happy with the items you decided to keep. :)

• bramasole
    Original Author
    14 years ago

Yeah, I am very happy now too! I used them a few times now and they are excellent, and practically wash themselves! A pleasure to use.

• redbelli
    14 years ago

A word of warning. The Le Creuset guarantee is worth nothing.
    I have 8 pieces of le creuset cookware. After having looked after my pots and pans for the last 4 years, doing EXACTLY what it says on the instructions (I still have the original labels and packaging, and i have never burnt anything in any of these pans), i took my small frying pan back to the shop as it had started to "peel".
    After a few weeks of examination, Le Creuset said first that it was because i had being washing it in the dishwasher. I took them the original label where it clearly states that it is suitable for dishwashers.
    Following this, their second response was "misuse".
    If using my pots and pans to cook with is classed as misuse, then i'd like to know exactly what it is i am supposed to do with them instead.
    I will never buy another Le Creuset piece again.