Return to the Cookware Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
when do you have enough 'toys'

Posted by jwangelin (My Page) on
Sat, Jul 24, 10 at 21:18

I like to keep my eyes open for new kitchen equipment. When I say new, I mean new to me. I have great finds at estate sales and new (and used) items online. I was at an estate sale today and saw some nice cast cookware that would go great with my 2 cast pans. I was lusting after a maslin pan online earlier. Has anyone had the guts to say "I have enough" and not buy anymore.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: when do you have enough 'toys'

Oh, come over to the Cooking forum, and we'll discuss tools! LOL!

Here is a link that might be useful: Cooking forum

o

Yea, I agree that my new kitchen is pretty much at the saturation point as far as gadgets and thingies goes. For some reason, I still think a food mill, and maybe a larger saute pan would be really nice, but where to put them??? I check my local Goodwill weekly for treasures, but haven't found any worthy kitchen goodies yet, although I did pick up a classic $29.95 sewing machine a few weeks back (no sewing machines in the kitchen yet, but the rest of the house is full of them).

o

I also find my "toys" at yard sales, flea markets & thrift shops. Buy things I'd NEVER spend real money on, try them out, some keepers, some become donations.

Picked up a Cuisinart ice cream maker for $5 at GW. Their prices are usually higher than other thrift shops... thinking they didn't know how to put it together. Now all I need is a spare freezer to park that container in.

Bought a Salad Shooter (deluxe) for $1-2. Not a keeper.

Bought a bread machine for less than $5 cuz it looked brand new... still in plastic, in box, with all the paperwork. When I got bored with bread making... another donation. It's not a "small" appliance and space was an issue. When I wanna make bread again... they're at every thrift store and yard sale.

Bought a second Cuisinart food processor cuz it was only $8... had 5 different blades. Bought it thinking extra bowl. Ended up it was a model one step up from what I already had... slightly larger and more powerful.

Found a Le Crueset square grill pan at GW for $5. In pristine condition except for some minor schmutz between ridges. Blue enamel exterior perfect. Wanted one, but NOT willing to spend about $100!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Cookware Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here