Return to the Cookware Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Which is a best wood cutting board?

Posted by anne3267 (My Page) on
Sat, Jul 13, 13 at 21:16

Which is a best wood cutting board? Any help suggestions guidance?

Thanks in advance.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Which is a best wood cutting board?

There is no rational way to determine "best."

John Boos sells excellent wood cutting boards in the premium category.

I am sure there is some tiny shop that sells ultra premium drop dead gorgeous boards for a king's ransom but for a practical and durable POV I really like my John Boos.

o

I just ordered a Paula Deen acacia cutting board that is 18x24 and has circles etched for measuring pie dough. My other boards are too small for pie dough, and so I really needed this and wanted to get it while it is still available. Several stores no longer sell her merchandise.

o

John Boos is the largest American Company making butcher block.

Paula Deen and other celebrity chefs just put their name on mostly generic products made in China.

You almost always get better value buying direct from a company that makes things as opposed to a marketing company.

Paula Deen Signature Pie Board is made in random Asian factories, the current model being made in Thailand.

o

The best cutting board in my experience are made of Bamboo. They last for years and years. The next best are boards made of hard maple. Beautiful and durable. NancyLouise

o

THIS
is the shape of my very favorite cutting board that I have had for 35 years. I am not sure where it came from. It holds a lot of juice.

Here are a bunch of discussions that will give the pros and cons of various materials plus a lot of other information.

Here is a link that might be useful: cutting board discussions

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Cookware Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here