Return to the Cookware Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Williams-Sonoma thermo-clad? induction use?

Posted by studioksr (My Page) on
Mon, Jul 29, 13 at 17:05

Has anyone purchased and cooked with the new Williams-Sonoma thermo-clad stainless cookware? Its supposed to be made by Demeyere for WS (named after Demeyere's wife Hestah) . It looks and feels wonderful, handles are MUCH more comfortable than All Clad's, even the All Clad D5 which seems slightly better than the Tri-ply.

I am awaiting a GE induction slide-in induction range and using the time to look for good cookware to replace my wonderful Lifetime cookware which are non-magnetic.

I'm interested in hearing from anyone who has used these on any type of cooktop, but especially if anyone with induction has used these.

I have not been able to find any independent reviews yet, except for some customer reviews on WS website.

Here is a link to see and read about them:
http://www.williams-sonoma.com/products/205476/?catalogId=45&bnrid=3120901&cm_ven=Google_PLA&cm_cat=Cookware&cm_pla=Cookware_Sets&cm_ite=Williams-Sonoma_Thermo-CladTM_Stainless-Steel_10-Piece_Cookware_Set&srccode=cii_17588969&cpncode=31-196000349-2

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Williams-Sonoma thermo-clad? induction use?

The short answer is no, I haven't used it. I did handle it at one of the W-S outlet stores, and I thought it was very nice, but not quite as perfect as Demeyere, and I agree about the handles! I spoke briefly to a manager at another about the line. He, of course, thought it was fabulous and liked it better than Demeyere, which he dislikes, but did not say why. My understanding is that the W-S line is made in Verdellino, Italy, not by Demeyere, which manufactures in Belgium, so I'm curious about where you heard about the manufacturer. Very curious, because I am on the lookout for other lines made by Demeyere. My favorite stainless was Viking, but a store owner recently told be that it has been discontinued :( and my understanding was that it had been made by Demeyere. Henckels has a new line out, Sensation,which is made in Belgium, so I'm wondering about that. Demeyere appears to be part of the Zwilling Group now, so this adds to my thought. Here is a link to that cookware:

http://www.zwilling.com/en/cookware-series.1237/items/zwilling-sensation--4301.html?page=3
So, in essence, I suppose I'm totally unhelpful, but very curious as to what responses you receive. Here is a link regarding the W-S line.

Here is a link that might be useful: There is a YouTube link about the cookware

This post was edited by kitchendetective on Sat, Aug 3, 13 at 11:12

o

The W-S website has a number of reviews of this cookware and several reviewers said they have cut their fingers on the edges of this cookware.

o

This cookware is produced by Meyer Corp., the company that makes Anolon and Circulon. The CEO of Meyer is Stanley Cheng. HIs wife is named Helen. They own a vineyard in Northern Califormia called Hestan, a combination of their first names. You will see this name printed on the bottom of the William Sonoma pots. Meyer Corp. has a factory in Verdellino, Italy. I am not sure how much they produce there, but Meyer is the second largest manufacturer of cookware in the world.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Cookware Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here