Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
shannonplus2_gw

So Hard to Find the Roaster I Want for Turkey

shannonplus2
16 years ago

I've been looking for a good roaster for years. I have searched this forum too, and agree with many of the opinions, particularly in the linked thread below. I've also read the reviews on Cooks Illustrated and Fine Cooking. What I would like is:

- a NON-nonstick

- no divet or crease around the bottom (the Cooks Illustrated recommendation of the Caphalon Contemporary Stainless has that annoying rectangular crease around the bottom--how are you supposed to use it properly on the stovetop with that indentation there?)

- dark surface if possible for better browning--I agree with Lindac that shiny doesn't work so well (the Fine Cooking recommendation of the Kitchenaid roaster is really really shiny).

I thought the Calphalon Classic Roaster at Crate & Barrel would be a winner. It's dark, is non-nonstick, has no crease/divet on the bottom, and the price is reasonable. But when I looked at it in person at Crate & Barrel, it seemed very thin-bottomed, and the sides were very high.

I am thinking about going on eBay and finding an old "Savory" brand roaster. Does anyone else have any suggestions?

Here is a link that might be useful: Older Thread about Turkey Roasting Pan

Comments (4)