Return to the Cookware Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
All-Clad LTD Double-Burner Griddle Pan

Posted by tlsullivanct (My Page) on
Mon, Jul 4, 05 at 16:22

We purchased a Wolf 36" DF range with 6-burners therefore one of the first things I want to get for my new range is a griddle pan. Since 1997 I have been making pancakes on an off kilter burner that we could never seem to level perfectly and it will be so nice to have round pancakes versus pancakes with peninsulas or in the shape of Florida (no offense meant to the Floridians reading this board - [smile]).

So I have my latest Williams-Sonoma catalog and the All-Clad LTD double-burner griddle pan is on sale for $99.95 (regularly $188.00). Is this still a good value? Am I wasting my money on such a pricey griddle pan? I have some very nice pieces of Staub and Le Creuset so I tend to migrate towards heavy-duty and with the new range I thought heavy-duty would be a good idea.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: All-Clad LTD Double-Burner Griddle Pan

Wow! Do I envy you! I'm still cooking on a plain old 4 burner "stove"!

There are many nice double burner griddles available. I think Lodge makes a nice cast iron one. Very heavy and durable. I'm not sure if they have them pre-seasoned. Plus they're reversible.

While I'm sure the All-Clad griddle pan is very nice, wouldn't the handles get in the way when trying to flip pancakes? I can understand using them to pick the griddle up.

o

I agree with ellyd we bought a Lodge cast iron griddle pan. A lot cheaper and you can use it both sides.

o

I have this griddle pan and LOVE it! I got it as a Christmas present from my hubby and 3 boys. I use it almost exclusively for making pancakes! I think it was more a present for them than me!! They come out nice and brown and if I'm careful when pouring I can make 6 fairly good size cakes at one time. The handles are no problem.

I have a gas stove, and don't think it would work as well on a smooth top or coil as it is a little raised in the middle. I would get it, you'll love it. I also use it for family grilled cheese and soup night!

o

Thanks CaroleOH!

o

I got one as a wedding present last year. I never used it until last weekend having just moved into a new house with a new DCS 36" 6-burner. Worked great.

I definitely recommend it, but beware, it is always $99. All the time, everywhere. Buy somwhere that will save you tax and give you free shipping (a la amazon) in order to get the best buy.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Cookware Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here