Return to the Cookware Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Has anyone tried Fissler cookware?

Posted by eleena (My Page) on
Sat, Jul 10, 10 at 13:28

If you have, then which line (Original Pro, Solea, etc)

What do you think of it?

Thank you!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Has anyone tried Fissler cookware?

Try a search (use box at bottom of the page, not the one at the top) on "Fissler, and you'll see 4 or 5 threads from the past.

o

Thank you, Sushi!

I had forgotten bout the differences in those two Searches.

I followed your advice and did find 4-5 posts but they were older and not informative enough. I guess not many people are using this brand.

I was trying to find out if any of Fissler lines were good for induction cooking. I have heard that the Original Pro line was so-so on induction.

I am not sure what the 'policy' is here. Should I just 'bump' one of the older threads?

Tx!

o

Sure, bump an old thread, maybe someone will see that or even this one. It's just not been a busy topic, like you say, perhaps not enough people have it. Did you try a Google search to see if it comes up on any other Cooking site?

o

We have the Fissler Intensa line of cookware; it's induction ready and works wonderfully.

o

Although this thread is a year old, I know the cooking school at Eurostoves- in Maine, uses Fissler cookware. You can find them on the internet and give them a call if you have questions.

o

Oh, wow! I have not been here for many months and I am very surprised to find my old thread still alive!

I actually talked to Eurostoves in summer of 2010 when doing my cookware research. They did like Fissler. However (if I remember correctly) the pans have a sandwiched bottom, not clad all around.

Sandwiched-bottom cookware is supposed to be much cheaper than clad but Fissler is almost as expensive as All-Clad and not sold where I live (which makes it harder to return if necessary).

So, taking everything (including price) into consideration, I got All Clad saucepans, a Demeyere frypan, and Lagostina saute pan and pots.

Thank you everyone who responded!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Cookware Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here