Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
suzyq3_gw

Double-burner grill pans

suzyq3
17 years ago

I'm in the market for a rectangular double-burner grill pan. I've ruled out cast-iron because of its weight. I'm looking at All-Clad's LTD nonstick and Calphalon One's infused anodized aluminum (not nonstick but supposedly stick resistant). The Calphalon One pan is $150, and the All-Clad is $99.

I would like to save money and go with the AC, but I'm concerned that grilling on nonstick would not produce good results.

Thoughts?

Comments (4)

• suzyq3
    Original Author
    17 years ago

Since posting this question, I've come across the Scanpan double-burner grill pan. It's part of their newer nonstick line and can be used with metal utensils. Amazon has it for $119.99, free shipping. But I can't find a single review of the pan, and it is a little bit smaller than the two I was considering.

If anyone is familiar with it, I'd love to know what you think.

Here is a link that might be useful: Amazon

• brooksiefan
    17 years ago

The Wisconsin Aluminum reversible nonstick grill-griddle is great and costs about $50. I got one for a friend for Christmas and she loves it.

Here is a link that might be useful: Griddle link

• suzyq3
    Original Author
    17 years ago

Thanks, brooksiefan. I have seen that pan. But a couple reviewers on Amazon mentioned that its nonstick was a bit weak. One said that when he/she cooked a steak on the grill side, with the required fairly high heat, the coating on the griddle side underneath burned off. Granted, the person may be a lousy cook, but it left a doubt in my mind.

• mcgillicuddy
    17 years ago

This follow-up is a bit late, but I have the All-Clad LTD version and it produces very tasty (and visibly grilled) results. I've used it for meats and vegetables and have been very pleased with it.

The only problem is splattering, which would probably be a problem with any grill pan. For certain foods, I line the stovetop with foil beforehand to catch it all.