the heating element and in and around where the

power cord connects.

Thanks,

chuck

Comments (12)

• kframe19
    15 years ago

Mr. Clean Magic Erasers.

I burned the living hell out of some onions the other night; REALLY messed up the bottom of one of my nice stainless skillets.

It took awhile, but the Mr. Clean Magic Eraser got ALL of the burned onion and stains off the inside of the pan.

• cciaffone
    Original Author
    15 years ago

"It took awhile, but the Mr. Clean Magic Eraser got ALL of the burned onion and stains off the inside of the pan."

Yeah but, yeah buttt ... I am still looking to clean
    the OUTSIDE of the pan, the underbeneath of the pan,
    as in "turn it over".

Won't someone help me please??

• Joe Blowe
    15 years ago

You could read between the lines and try using the Magic Eraser on the OUTSIDE of your pan...

• cciaffone
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Thanks so much for that helpful post ...

But, as I said in my original question, I need something
    that will clean "in and around where the power cord
    connects." That Magic Eraser must be truly magic to
    fit in those tiny spaces. I can't even get a toothbrush
    in there.

• kframe19
    15 years ago

There's no reason for you to get pissy, especially since you don't appear to be familiar with Mr. Clean Magic Erasers.

They're soft and SQUISHABLE.

As in, you can wet them and flatten them quite a bit and fit them into very small, tight spaces.

• cciaffone
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Sorry to have been so pissy, just frustrated is all.

So I drove out and bought a pack of "magic" erasers.
    Made not so much as a dent in the old burned-on
    stuff around the heating element on the bottom,
    underneath the electric skillet. Mostly just
    polished the grunge. No magic there.

Still hoping for a solution short of a wire brush on
    a 'lectric drill.

• kris_zone6
    15 years ago

Try Dawn Power Dissolver. I've found it at Walmart. Follow the directions. It may take more than one try to get it clean.

• can_not_decide
    15 years ago

Dawn Power Dissolver truly works miracles! It sprays a small stream so you should be able spray in the crevices you are trying to clean. Let it sit for about 20 minutes and try cleaning with a Q-Tip. Good Luck!

• debs3
    14 years ago

I have used Easy Off Fume Free oven cleaner to clean seriously burned on food, when nothing else worked. Spray and let sit over night in a dishpan.

My only concern for your situation are the areas that are not stainless steel. Would the oven cleaner be harmful to them?

• whiteowl1970
    10 years ago

I would like to know a good cleaner for the bottom of a Farberwear electric skillet too. It doesnt have the clad bottom on the inside. I have even tried oven cleaner. Sos pads etc.

• anoriginal
    10 years ago

Haven't been able to find Dawn Power Dissolver in my area for some time, but will recheck at W-mart next time I'm there. Have found a WONDERFUL alternative use for it as a pre-treater for laundry. Have some great beigey colored pot holders and oven mitts... always end up with food on them at some point. When they come out of wash, they'd be "clean" but never totally CLEAN. Other pre-treaters did little. I spritzed the DawnPD on and let the foam just sit there till mitts went into wash (several days later, maybe)... and pretty much EVERYTHING came out... even old spots.

• whiteowl1970
    10 years ago

Thanks Klseverd. I will try that. You do say you can use it on none material things also?