Return to the Cookware Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
AC Copper Core - anyone tried it?

Posted by MarkSharp (My Page) on
Mon, Jun 13, 05 at 23:57

Interested to know if anyone has tried All Clad copper core skillet. About to get the Stainless Steel 12-inch skillet, but wanted to know if anyone has experience with the copper copper AC skillets? Is the faster heat conduction of copper a help or hinderance?

-Mark

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: AC Copper Core - anyone tried it?

I can't answer your exact question but I will say I have SS All Clad which is great and I have Cuisinart everyday SS with the copper sandwiched disc. The cuisinart is defiantely hotter! Great for some fast cooking but hot enough that I can not simmer in the pans. Good luck.

o

Thanks eandhl. Is that a gas or electric heat source you have trouble simmering?

o

It is electric thermador smoothtop. I can simmer fine with the All Clad SS, just not the Cuisinart with the copper disc. I am well aware that the cuisinart everyday has a thinner bottom and one could not compare it to the AC copper core. I only meant to point out copper heats hotter than alumin. core.

o

The copper may heat faster, but it shouldn't go in a DW. For that reason, I went with the AC SS, which heats fine and comes out of the DW looking great. I hate hand-washing!

o

I note that Demeyere's copper bottoms in their Atlantis line are enclosed in SS, and so can go in the diswasher. I've recently picked up some Atlantis, and find that it heats very evenly, and cleans up well.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Cookware Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here