Return to the Cookware Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Looking for a few good enameled pans . . .

Posted by Andalee (My Page) on
Tue, Jun 7, 05 at 23:33

Hi everyone,

I'm looking for a couple of pans to replace some old Revere Ware that won't work with the Ceran-top range in the new house. I unearthed an old Sanko Ware Show Pans enameled pan that I had in college as a hand-me-down from my Grandmother, and remembered how much I loved using that thing. Does anyone know of anything similar available today for a reasonable price? (I'm not up to spending $100+ for a 4 qt. pan . . .) I'm also looking for a good quality 6 qt. clad stockpot. I've owned and happily used the Kirkland 3-ply set for almost six years now, and would love to find something similar.

Thanks so much!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Looking for a few good enameled pans . . .

Can't help with enamal pans but what about the SS disc revere pans?

o

I had thought the Cuisinart multi-clad line had a 6qt pot. Remember also looking at the Tramontina line at Walmart, but think the pots were disc and not clad. I ended up finding a different brand at TJMaxx and decided I could live without 2 6qts, so didn't follow up on the Cuisinart.

A local small store carries the Innova brand heavy enamel pans, can't remember if they are all non-stick or not. They seemed a good quality, but have only used the non-stick grill pan in that brand. They weren't inexpensive but not terribly high IIRC, but haven't compared them to others as to how they cook.

o

Are you talking about enameled cast iron, or something else? I have lots of enameled cast iron (Le Creuset) and it is fabulous. Goes from cooktop to oven to table to fridge. Nearly indestructible. I still use my Al Clad stainless, but not as much as the Le Creuset. I can make rice and put it on the table on its matching trivet and it will stay hot at leaast 30 minutes prior to beginning the meal.

There are also very light weight enameled stockpots (Le Creuset even makes some) that I suspect are Al core, but I cannot say for sure. You cannot use cast iron for really large pots because it is sooooo heavy.

L

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Cookware Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here