Return to the Cookware Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Epicurean Cutting Surfaces?

Posted by Waggn (My Page) on
Sat, Jun 18, 05 at 22:04

Does anyone have one of these cutting boards. I think it may be exactly what I am looking for but it is very expensive so I would love to hear opinions before I jump in. Thanks!

http://epicureancs.com/

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Epicurean Cutting Surfaces?

Hi, yes I have one of these boards. I really love it. It's very much like wood to cut on in feel, and it's kind to your knife blades, but it can be put in the dishwasher, unlike wood boards. I have a large one right now, but I'd like to get a smaller one also. I don't think you can go wrong with one of these.

o

Thanks, that's great to hear. I think I'll get the big one first and then follow up with the smaller one as well. Does the surface get scratched up from the knives?

o
RE: Epicurean Cutting Boards?

Sorry, I forgot to ask if it warps. I'm sure it doesn't but I have to ask. Here's the link properly by the way.

Here is a link that might be useful: epicurean cutting surfaces

o

No the surface has not scratched at all, no knife cut marks. I think you'd have to cut down pretty hard to scratch it. Before I bought it at the kitchen store I asked the guy if it was hard on knives and he cut across it with a knife tip to show it was like wood, but he deliberately did it. Mine has no marks on it. It hasn't warped either. I bought the thicker board with the black around the edge, so I don't know if that makes a difference or not. It's been through the dishwasher a number of times and is still perfectly flat. They had a less expensive thinner model in the same line. I don't know if that one would warp or not. I saw the boards on Amazon. Not sure if they're the thin or thicker ones.

o

Thank so much for your help. I'm planning on getting the one with the groove around the edge which I think also has a black stripe through it. It's 1/2 inch thick so it should hold up well! Thanks so much again!

o

I have one of these boards and I am taking it back. After just 2 months and never soaking it or putting it in the dishwasher it warped so badly it will not sit on its rubber feet.

o

My boards do not have any feet. I have 3 different sizes, including one with groove for 5+ years and love them. They are perfectly flat, no wrapping. I putat least one of them into dishwashed every night.
olga

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Cookware Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here