Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
mickeyluvr_gw

Eggs stuck to my Calphalon One first time I used it!

mickeyluvr
16 years ago

I bought the Calphalon One infused anodized and the first time I used it, scrambled eggs stuck all over the pan. I even added butter to the pan before I put in the eggs. Now I am second guessing my choice in cookware. I have more that I have not used that I can return. Please give me your thoughts on this cookware.

Comments (13)

• velodoug
    16 years ago

mickeyluvr -- Your pans are fine, you just started with the worst possible test. In my experience, scrambled eggs will always stick unless you use a nonstick pan or a well seasoned cast iron or carbon steel pan with a small amount of fat, or use massive amounts of fat in another type of pan.

• Bumblebeez SC Zone 7
    16 years ago

Ditto the above. Your pans are fine, but use a non stick pan for eggs unless you want to use lots of grease.

• gorilla_x
    16 years ago

I do not own any Calphalon cookware, but I thought their infused pans were non-stick. Accourding to their page (see link), it states:
    "Infused with an advanced release polymer, the Calphalon One cooking surface not only sears food perfectly - it also lets you control when foods release from the bottom of the pan."

So it lets the user control when foods release from the bottom of the pan. Hmmm... how does the user do that? By using butter or fat?

I think Calphalon is telling folks that the infused line IS non-stick (or at least has the benefits of non-stick).

-G

Here is a link that might be useful: InFused

• mickeyluvr
    Original Author
    16 years ago

I bought the Calphalon One, not the Nonstick. I do have a few other skillets that are non stick, but according the the website (which I researched before my purchase), the infused anodized has some nonstick built in to the material so I thought I would get better results, even with eggs. Well, I guess I might keep it since you all think it was the eggs that were the issue. Thanks for your response.

• kayskats
    16 years ago

Calphalon called Calphalon One "the best of both worlds" -- I passed on it after reading the initial reviews including America's Test Kitchen. The Calphalon site now lists both Calphalon One and Calphalon One Nonstick. The latter is anodized infused on the exterior and nonstick on the inside.

• bungalowbees
    16 years ago

I don't have problems with either my 25 yr old Calphalon or my new Calphalon One -- after a "seasoning" of high fat cooking! I continue to cook eggs either with butter or with spray without sticking. Once in a while my DH un-seasons a pan with his questionable cooking techniques & I must start over with lots of squawking.

I do think eggs are the toughest test.

• jackz411
    16 years ago

Use non-stick for eggs. Eggs are a very difficult test for any pan which is NOT non-stick. Calphalon One Infused pans are top-notch, I have several of them and they are excellent. They are not non-stick, they are "quick release"...like not quite non-stick. Food will release quicker from Infused than stainless, but not like non-stick. Personally, the only thing I always use non-stick for is...eggs.

Calphalon One Non-stick pans I have not tried yet.

• runbe4ufly
    16 years ago

I got myself a Calphalon One 12" skillet and so far it worked well for me. You can't use it as non-stick because it's not. The reasons I bought it are:
    1. Aluminum construction (=fast heat conductivity)
    2. Heavy Gauge (=not hot spot)
    I use it for fast stir fry mostly and it browns meat pretty well. I can't see the purpose of a Calphalon One stock pot though.
    Function aside, the Calphalon One is pricy. If you are average cook, I won't recommend this cookware.

• mole2soul
    16 years ago

I have the " Simply Calphalon " set and love it and have never had any trouble with any of it.

• ntt_hou
    16 years ago

The instruction recommended that you preheat the pan/pot for a couple of minutes prior to add oil, butter and food. This will reduce food sticking to the pan/pot. I've done this and never have problem with any of my Calphalons. I have some of each of the Calphalon line products. One other thing, never use Spam spray on Calphalon cookware, oil or butter is better.

• ntt_hou
    16 years ago

I forgot to mention not to preheat on high heat but rather use medium to low heat.

Below is Calphalon's instruction on use & care for your product.

Here is a link that might be useful: http://www.calphalon.com/calphalon/consumer/jhtml/hardAnodized.jhtml

• Bryan Norkus
    2 years ago

I just tried my skillet with some butter in the pan scrambled eggs cooked just fine no sticking