Return to the Cookware Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Cuisinart chef's classic cookware

Posted by beachgiraffe2 (My Page) on
Mon, Jun 27, 05 at 21:14

I am finally at the point of actually shopping for new cookware to use on my new Thermador smooth top. I am getting tired of my old beloved Farberware and Revereware sliding around and off the burner spots because of their light weight; also they are not really flat anymore. I don't want extra-heavy though, and I don't want non-stick. Also don't like glass lids! The Cuisinart is what appeals to me at the moment, but I'm wondering if anyone out there has had experience with it, good or bad! Any and all advice appreciated!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Cuisinart chef's classic cookware

I have a few pices of cuisinart cookware (my first after retiring MY beloved farberware of 20 years). I really like the cusinart but now have more all clad. I am a big time cook and the all clad stainless suits me well. You can also get emerilware which is made by all clad and is a lot less expensive. stainless and has the copper sandwich bottom. very nice and cooks very well and slides nicely across cooking grates but I think would stay nicely on your cooktop. Let me know what yo decide.

o

I recently purchased new cookware after 40 years and did have to watch the weight of the pans. Some are just too heavy.

I do have several of the Cuisinart pieces and like them very much.

o

Thanks jvc nashville and canvir. Another concern I have is about the handles. Again, I am used to the old-fashioned kind that are not metal and do NOT get hot. I am skeptical about these "stay cool" metal handles. Will I have to use pot holders?

o

I have Cuisinart Everyday Stainless and Multiclad. I have only had the Multiclad handles get hot and even then, only the handles of the 8 qt pot were hot. And I don't think they count because the whole handle is right close to the pot.

My biggest problem was getting used to the idea of putting frying pans in the oven. DH and I have taken to reminding each other that when pans come out of oven, the handles are hot too. :)

He got nailed twice by the frying pan handle, and I got nailed by the cover handle. Ooooh, that smarts!!! :o

o

The Cuisinart pan handle does not get hot for me, but the lid handle does.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Cookware Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here