Return to the Cookware Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
do ya have a meat slicer?

Posted by klseiverd (My Page) on
Thu, Jun 30, 11 at 20:13

Years ago, had inexpensive one I picked up at a Sears "surplus" store. Worked so so?!? Blade didn't spin very fast and thickness control would widen as I used it. Never came close to a deli slice... but only spent about $25-30 for it. Didn't get used all that much and finally either sold it at a yard sale or donated to a thrift shop.

I know a REAL deli slice is probably several thousand $$. If you have a slicer for HOME use, please fill me in. What make/model? What price range? Pros? Cons?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: do ya have a meat slicer?

I have an old Waring that acts just like your Sears did. For how often its used, it serves the purpose. But I often see Slicers for around $100-150 in Cabelas and Bass Pro advertisements. They look pretty decent and might be worth it moreso than something like the Waring- what keeps me from using it more frequently is the tear-down and clean-up (which isn't as bad as it sounds but still is a pain). If you invest in new one, let us know.

o
RE: do ya have a meat slicer?

This post reminds me, I got one as a wedding gift nearly 30 years ago, and that box has never been opened! It's very similar to the one my mother had, and she used hers quite regularly. I'll have to dig that box out and give it a try sometime...

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Cookware Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here