Return to the Cookware Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Pan lid stuck on

Posted by socks12345 (My Page) on
Thu, Jun 9, 05 at 18:35

The lid is stuck on my Cuisinart pan. It boiled over with food in it (mess) and when it cooled, the lid would not come off. I think there could be food stuck between the lid and pan. It is a very tight seal, like a razor blade probably would not go in there. Any suggestions?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Pan lid stuck on

Never mind, I got it!! I finally got the courage to put the pan on the stove and reheat it. I was afraid it would explode sending greasy food everywhere, but it just released very nicely and I have my pan back.

o

I hope you took pictures :-)

o

Well, no I didn't. It did not blow up so pictures would not have been very exciting.

o

Okay, socks, maybe next time :-)

o

So Woodie, you want my disaster to be your entertainment, huh? LOL.... My mother always tells of how her pressure cooker blew up and plastered split peas all over the ceiling, so I've tried to learn something from that story. (No, she didn't take a picture!!)

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Cookware Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here