Return to the Cookware Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Which bakeware?

Posted by LilaThabit (My Page) on
Wed, Jun 8, 05 at 15:43

Cookie sheets, cake pans, muffin tins.

What should I look for?

I would prefer a dishwasher friendly one, but the only ones I've seen out there are by Analon.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Which bakeware?

In the May/June issueof Cook's Illustrated they Highly recommend the Volrath cookie sheet (17x14, $19.95 from broadway panhandler.com). They do not mention anything about being dishwasher-safe, but that seemed to be a minor issue for you. I will search the archives for cake pans and muffin tins. Analon received a 'recommended with reservations'. Dark, non-stick pans generally browned too easily to rate well.

o

My favorite cookie sheets were $6 each, heavy aluminum from a restraunt supply store.
I like aluminum non stick muffin tins....do have some heavier expensive ones...but still like the aluminum the best.
Linda c

o

The dishwasher issue seems minor, only because it seems I have little choice.

I appreciate you looking through the CI archives.

Lindac, why do you like aluminum best?

o

Cooks very evenly and cleans up with a Brillo pad....if I forget to use silpat.
I figure good enough for the professional chefs....it's good enough for me.
Linda C

o

I agree about the aluminum pans from the restaurant supply store. They work great.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Cookware Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here