Return to the Cookware Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Best place to look for microwave?

Posted by CatherineT (My Page) on
Sun, Jun 5, 05 at 15:42

Hi,
Our sharp carrosel microwave finally bit the dust. My MIL gave it to us in l983! Where would you suggest I go to look, that would have alot of choices? An appliance outlet like Best Buys, HH.Gregg, or a place like Target?
And what features does yours' have, that you like the most? Thanks!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Best place to look for microwave?

FWIW.

Sears typically has appliance sales running almost continuously. I suggest you watch Sears.com as well.

You may want to check the Appliances Forum for brand information, unless you're going to buy another Sharp...

TJ

Here is a link that might be useful: THS Gardenweb / Forum List

o
.....Just a follow-up thought.....

FYI & future reference regarding your duplicate thread posted in Appliances (linked below).

Per Forum Instructions noted at the bottom of every main Forum page:

"Before posting a message, make sure you have chosen the most appropriate forum from the list. Off-topic posts will be deleted at our discretion. Please do not post the same message to multiple forums."

TJ

Here is a link that might be useful: Microwave bit the dust.

o

Thanks TJ,
I guess I thought the 2 posts were different......one asking where to shop for one, and one asking if there's a way of "resetting" a MW that wasn't working.

o

I like the carousel feature, my old GE didn't have it. Ours bit the dust a few months ago, I got a new GE Profile from an electronics/appliance store that's been here for years, otherwise I would have ended up at Best Buy! I would have gotten a Sharp, but my appliances are GE Profile.

o

Thanks dishesdone,
Our Sharp had a carousel too, and I can't imagine a microwave without one now. I've already walked up to my broken microwave many times since it broke 2 days ago, with a dish of food or cup in my hand, and then remembered it was broken. Bummer! I heard Lowe's has alot of Sharp models, so I think I'll check there. I haven't had alot of luck with GE. Thanks!

o

In December we purchased a small micro at Sears, it was only $39 on sale. Brand is Galaxy. Never heard of it before but it works great, has some express features that we use and we both just love it. The feature that I like the most is the 'one minute' button - you push it and get one minute, push it again any time during the cooking time and it adds another minute, etc. Its extremely handy I use it all the time!

P.S. Catherine, your other post wasn't a duplicate!

o

Panasonic at Costco a great buy. Stainless and all the bells.

o

I usually go to amazon because I like shopping online but Sears has some nice appliances for the kitchen including a nice selection of microwaves.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Cookware Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here