Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
hzdeleted_19778634

Can you recommend a good blender ?

User
14 years ago

I am looking for a blender that will crush ice without jamming, for iced beverages & smoothies. Do you have a good one you would recommend?

Comments (12)

• sushipup1
    14 years ago

Be sure to also post over in the Cooking forum, lots of people who use their blenders a lot over there, too.

Here is a link that might be useful: Cooking forum

• nicole__
    14 years ago

About 6 months ago I purchased a Kitchenaid, 5 speed blender for just this purpose. Smoothies! It's so quiet it purrs....looks great,I got the silver & black color combo. Paid $45 with a buy it now on Ebay, the seller was "kitchenaid". Gave me a factory warranty!

Here is a link that might be useful: Kitchenaid on Ebay... link

• loves2cook4six
    14 years ago

VITA MIX without a doubt but that is quite a pricey machine. There are others in a similar price range and quite a lot of rivalry between those top blenders. Do you research and see which one has the features you need.

Also keep in mind the height of the blender if you need it to stay out on the counter top and under the upper cabinets

• emknc
    14 years ago

Check out Breville. Excellent performance, top-quality construction.

• gorilla_x
    14 years ago

We have a KitchenAid KSB560OB 5-Speed Blender with Polycarbonate Jar. Case is metal. Chops ice like it was butter. I highly recommend it.

-Gorilla

• briejean
    14 years ago

I have the same KitchenAid as mentioned one post up...it's awesome. I make frozen pina coladas and margaritas with no ice chunks. The key to getting it perfectly smooth is to let it blend for at least a full minute.

• rhome410
    14 years ago

LOVE our BlendTec Home blender. Much like a Vitamix, which I was interested in at first. The BlendTec has a shorter and wider jar for easier clean out and easier fit under upper cabs, doesn't need 2 different blades for wet and dry, and I got 2 jars with it for a total about $100 less than a Vitamix.

I checked with my niece who has managed stores in major coffee chains, and she said they used to use VitaMix, then switched to BlendTec, so she had lots of experience with both. She said they exhibited the same excellent performance and durability.

I have been amazed at how quickly and smoothly ice smoothies, salad dressings, etc turn out with this blender. It took me over a year to decide to spend the money, but it was worth it.

• bob_cville
    14 years ago

You have to check out the YouTube videos about the BlendTec blender, in a series titled "Will it Blend?"
    In one of them the demonstrator sucessfully "blends" a rake handle to sawdust. So I'm pretty sure it could handle ice without jamming.

• sayde
    14 years ago

We have a heavy duty Hamilton Beach and it handles ice -- we've never had any problems with anything we've asked it to do. But it is so noisy! May-be they all are -- I have only experienced this particular one.

• User
    Original Author
    11 years ago

The best blender I have found and bought was the Ninja. Fantastic for frozen drinks, it crushes ice fine and doesn't jam,. It was only $34 at walmart.(I got the cheap one) It works for all blended items also.

• jackieblue
    11 years ago

I have a Blendtec as well. It was pricy but I use it daily so it was worth it to me to get good machine. Doesn't jam, in fact I make ice cream in it with ice and it turns out perfectly creamy. It turns ice into 'snow'. And I can put raw vegetables it it and have soup in 90 seconds. All that AND it fits under the cabinets so it can stay handily on the counter top.

If you're looking for something to make frozen drinks with you can't go wrong with a Blendtec. Check out the deal they have on then @ Costco's website. Definitely check out the youtube videos.

• NancM
    11 years ago

I also have the Blendtec and use it daily. It makes great "larabars", smoothies, fruit sherbet, salad dressings, etc. I got it @ BBB with a 20% off coupon, but the Costco deal is also good as it comes with 2 jars. I purchased the smaller twister jar to make larabars, hummus and nut butters. It can take raw nuts to nut butter in about a half minute.

Sponsored
Mary Shipley Interiors
Average rating: 4.8 out of 5 stars32 Reviews
Columbus OH Premier Interior Designer 10x Best of Houzz