Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
klseiverd

yard sale BARGAINS - Food Saver!

anoriginal
9 years ago

At one, found an unopened package of 8" wide bags and an almost full roll of 11" wide bags to be. Didn't need the food saver or attachments, since already have one that works fine... another yard sale find from past. Seller said what would you like to pay? I KNEW what the bags cost and threw out $5 offer which was eagerly taken.

At another sale, I see a much more advanced FS... with buttons for speed of vac & dry/moist foods... and a few others. Had most of a roll of wide bag material sitting inside & a box (unopened) marked "Super Value Pack" of rolls of bag stuff. It had a $10 price tag on it & I was willing to pay that, as long as that box-o-bags came with it. I walked over to seller and might have said something as simple as "that foodsaver on the table?" and she says $5... WITH the bags!

It's an "older" model... horizontal instead of vertical, so couldn't find a price/value other than on Ebay... $40-80 being asked. At FS site, the unopened box-o-bags costs about $40 and package of maybe 40 bags costs over $20.

Thinking my $10 purchases would probably be at least $100... I'm a happy camper! I REALLY like this thing since cooking for one. A regular sized package of bone-less chicken breasts (usually 4 pieces) is easily 2 meals (plus left-overs for lunch), so I just repackage and freeze. Any thing rock hard frozen is ready to cook after less than half hour in container of room temp water... and I never find any "mystery" items in bottom/back of freezer that are burnt beyond use.