Return to the Cookware Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Staub and dishwasher issue

Posted by kitchendetective (My Page) on
Sat, May 10, 14 at 22:56

Staub cookware is billed as being dishwasher safe. I put a small Basil pot and lid in the dishwasher last night, and today the glaze appears cloudy. When wet, it looks normal, but when the water is wiped off, it appears to have white splotches, instead of the deep, majolica-like green. Anyone have any experience with this? The detergent was a Finish Quantum tab, on the delicate setting, in a Bosch dishwasher.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Staub and dishwasher issue

Give it a wash with white vinegar and see how it looks dry. If you have hard water, it could be a lime deposit. The vinegar will take care of that.

o

Thanks for responding. We have a whole house water softener and the water does not seem to have been the problem. I contacted Staub; they said to use Barkeepers Friend, but that did not help either. They said that their cookware is dishwasher safe, but they recommend hand washing. I am not sure what that means.

o

Darned. Both the vinegar and the BKF are mildly acidic, so if the haze is a deposit, you should notice some difference. But if you still see it, then it might be damaged. Does Staub have a guarantee?

o

I wrote to them and they do have a guarantee. They have asked me to send them the pot. We shall see. . .

o

Just to update, I received a replacement pot from Staub today--in the original color!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Cookware Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here