Return to the Cookware Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Cast Iron Skillet ID?

Posted by Alora1022 (My Page) on
Sun, May 20, 12 at 21:15

I was wondering if anyone could help me identify a small cast iron skillet that has been passed down to me by my mother. She told me it belonged to my grandmother. The only markings on the bottom are D, below that a large 5, below that SK. Then a small number 2 by the handle. Any help would be appreciated. I'm just trying to learn the brand and approximate age of the skillet.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Cast Iron Skillet ID?

I've collected cast iron for the last 40 years and I'm afraid I don't know this one. But I only collect Griswold. Got my start from my grandmother also. You might just try googling it. Wish I could have been of help. Nothing better to cook in than old cast iron. =)

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Cookware Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here