Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
catherinet11

Mr. Coffee coffeemaker question

catherinet
18 years ago

Hi all,

I hope this question is appropriate here. My 4 cup Braun coffeemaker finally pooped out after quite a few years. I've been looking for another black, 4 cup coffeemaker, but haven't been able to find one with a swing filter holder, that you can take off and wash. I finally found one today at K-Mart. It was a Mr. Coffee. I'm not real kean on Mr. Coffee things, but I was getting tired of looking. The display machine had a removeable filter holder, and it was only $20, so I took a box with it in it.

When I got it home, I realized it wasn't the model that they were displaying and the swing arm does not come off. I guess I could live with that, but it has the weirdest thing. It has a big rubber-covered wire running right down the middle of the water reservoir. I've never seen that, and I don't really like it there. I guess it doesn't matter, as long as it doesn't give the water a rubber taste. Have any of you ever used the 4cup Mr. Coffee? Did it have that wire running down the middle of the reservoir?

I wonder why they had a different model for the display. It ticks me off. I drove 35 miles to this KMart.

Thanks.