Return to the Cookware Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Vintage Fissler ?

Posted by deeageaux (My Page) on
Wed, May 8, 13 at 16:01

Are Fissler pots and pans from the 60's and 70's considered to be worse, the same or better than modern Fissler products?

Thanks

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Vintage Fissler ?

There are many lines of Fissler now that might have a certain technology that would give them an advantage for some uses. There are some lines in the past that had some interesting characteristics as well.
Fissler skillets

My MIL and SIL had some pans made in the 70s by Fissler that were enamel over steel, but I never did like them that much.
Fissler Asta

If you are just comparing the pro line, old and new, it is hard to tell as the amount of aluminum in the base as it is proprietary. Possibly someone might know on the Chowhound cookware forum. One thing to look at to compare old and new is if the handles are spot welded on the old as they are in the new. Since the company has made cookware for a long time, that change could have been 70 years ago, if they were riveted at one time. Some people prefer the spot weld because the inside of the pan is smooth others prefer the rivet because of the strength. If you can find some of this line on the secondary market, you would save a lot of money.

o
RE: Vintage Fissler ?

I lost hope someone would respond.

This forum is kinda slow.

thanx for responding.

I am looking at pro, pressure cookers and maybe steelux

I know steelux is not very old but if I find a good deal....

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Cookware Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here