Return to the Cookware Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Wolfgang Puck cookware?

Posted by Maggie2094 (My Page) on
Sun, May 15, 05 at 15:15

I was at BJ's club today and saw Wolfgang's 16 piece SS set (I think tri-ply) for $99. I almost fainted. Seem like good heavy pans - like the fact that the set also includes a non-stick omelet pan. I also noticed the handles were "hollow"....does this help them stay cool? Didn't see any info on the box. I want to run back and buy them but afraid too good to be true!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Wolfgang Puck cookware?

You're correct about the hollow handles. I believe the Wolfgang Puck set has disk bottoms vs. cladding throughout. Sam's Club has a tri-ply all clad set, which is comparable to All Clad, for under $130.00. The difference is in the construction. The Sam's/Member's Mark is composed of two layers of stainless steel with an aluminum core throughout. The BJ's/Wolfgang Puck has a triple ply disk on the bottom of the pans. Considering you're purchasing a set, rather than individual pieces, I would suggest taking a look at the Member's Mark. The construction (IMHO) is superior. I have supplied a link to the Sam's Club.

Here is a link that might be useful: Member's Mark cookware

o

I have a Wolfgang Puck saute pan with the hollow handle. Got it at TJM.

The handle definitely gets hot on a gas stove. I have to remember to use a pot holder when using this pan. It will burn your hand.

o

Thanks. Darn, I don't have a Sam's Club in my area.

o

Maggie, where in NY are you located? I have linked a Sam's Club location finder for you. You have the option of looking up to 100 miles from your area by using your zip code.

Here is a link that might be useful: Sam's Club locater

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Cookware Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here