Return to the Cookware Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Has anyone used Sur La Table Cookware?

Posted by slaing (My Page) on
Sun, May 8, 05 at 13:39

I am looking into buying new cookware. I am being told about getting Sur La Table 18/10 stainless steel cookware. Has anyone used this cookware? I have my mind to get All-Clad stainless steel cookware.

cheers
Stuart

Follow-Up Postings:

o
I have the small roasting pan

and the size and functionality are great - except that, as you can see from the picture in the link below, the center of the pan is raised - or, more precisely, there's a well of sorts around the perimeter on the bottom of the pan.

That's a nice feature for roasting, but I recently replaced my older electric-coil stove with a ceramic top model, and ceramic tops require that pans used on them have flat bottoms.

The reason I bought the little roasting pan (aside from its convenient size, still a plus) was for the tri-ply construction's superior functionality when deglazing the pan on top of the stove. Now that I have the ceramic top, I can't effectively use the pan to deglaze anymore, since the majority of the surface of the pan does not make contact with the surface/sensors of the cooktop.

Haven't tried the cookware. And, as people have pointed out countless times, if you want All-Clad, try cookwarenmore.com and go for the factory seconds. Most of my All-Clad comes from there (all of it since I discovered the site :) ) and the blemishes are so teeny and non-functional that I can certainly live with 1/3 to 1/2 off for a wee scratch on a handle. :)

Good luck.

Here is a link that might be useful: Sur La Table Cookware roasting pan

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Cookware Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here