Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
andrelaplume2

Help! Pots/Pans Handles Question

andrelaplume2
16 years ago

This may be a DUMB question But I have to ask. We had a set of pots/pans for years and decided it was time for a new set. We are not gourmets or anything like that and we do not need anything fancy. I think we had steel non-stick. My wife wanted someting lighter and chose aluminum. She picked a Farberware KitchenEase set from Sears. The handles are all metal unlike the plastic ones on our old set.. In fact, I noticed most sets had metal handles, some had a little rubber grip here and there. I would think metal is a conductor and that a metal handle would get too hot to handle. Do these metal handles go hot? Should I return them for the pther farberware set with the plastic handles? The only reason we did not get that set is that it said you shouldn't put them in an over over 350 degreees---I guess the plastic would melt. We likely would never do that anyway but just in case we would, we chose the metal handle set. I just worry that boiling water, cooking pasta, heating soup etc...those handles will get hot where as the plastic did not.

Comments (3)