Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
empress_gw

Why does this All-Clad pan stick?

empress
13 years ago

A couple years ago I found an All-Clad 12" Chef's pan in a stack of cheap fry pans at Goodwill for $7. Lucky me. I brought it home and gave it a good scrubbing with an SOS pad. It did not have an deep scratches or dents, seems to have been well used and not abused, just had old grease cooked onto the bottom and edges.

Everything I have cooked in the pan has stuck and/or burned. It does not seem to have a hot spot, just the entire bottom becomes hopelessly coated with anything I put into it, no matter how carefully I prep it. Get the pan good and warm, add oil, get that warm, then add food. Meat, potatoes, eggs, sauces, anything I cook becomes part of the bottom of the pan. It always has to be soaked to allow me to scrape off the encrusted bottom of the pan.

What am I doing wrong? What should I be doing? I've got a set of Farberware stainless cookware I've had an used without a problem since the early '70s. I've got various iron skillets and Dutch ovens, some vintage, some brand new that I seasoned myself, I've got a good old Presto aluminum pressure cooker. I do not have problems with any of them. Should I just give up on this high-dollar (at least to the original purchaser) supposed-to-be-wonderful pan?

I will appreciate any information you can share. Thank you.

Comments (5)