Return to the Cookware Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Teflon / Non-Stick for Induction

Posted by berob (My Page) on
Thu, Apr 13, 06 at 20:30

Does tradtional teflon coated non-stick cookware work for induction? I know a magnet needs to stick to it, but I am out of my house for several months while my remodel takes place, and I don't have access to my cookware. Thank you.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Teflon / Non-Stick for Induction

My experience is that most non-stick is not magnetic and therefore not suitable for induction.
All-Clad SS NS will work, and faberware has a line called millenium that works (I can't say I like the NS on it).

I can tell you that circulon, analon, calaphon, tfal, emrilware are some of the non magnetic brands.

I am sure there are others that are magnetic, but you need to test.

o
Bourgeat and Demeyere

both make nonstick induction frypans. The Bourgeat/Matfer is all aluminum, coated outside and inside with nonstick, and has an induction-capable disc on the bottom.

It very closely resembles the all-aluminum, nonstick outside/inside, non-induction capable Bourgeat frypan - except the induction-capable frypan has, IIRC, a cast stainless handle, and the non-induction frypan has a cast iron handle.

Demeyere makes a traditional disc-bottom SS nonstick frypan.

Neither is cheap, however. Of course, the all-clad is also expensive. Best bet, I think, for the all-clad is either to look for it at a TJ Maxx or Marshall's or such, or to buy a second at outletsonline.com.

o

Henckels Classic Clad cookware line has a few non stick frying pans and saute pans. I have the 8" frying pan and the 11" saute pan which work very well on both our electric coil range and our stand-alone Sunpentown induction cooktop.

The Henckels line is a tri-ply type: two stainless steel layers sandwiching an aluminum layer.

Here is a link that might be useful: cooking.com link to Henckels Classic Clad Cookware

o

The only non-stick that I have is the Farberware Millenium that came with my cooktop. It's a nice pan and I've been meaning to buy an omelet pan from the same line.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Cookware Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here