Return to the Cookware Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
all clad lid for 14' wok

Posted by cyumickey (My Page) on
Tue, Apr 18, 06 at 19:31

Hello, just found this forum. Anyway, we received the 14" stainless wok as a wedding gift but have no lid that ginormous. Does anyone know if all clad even makes a lid that fits? If not, any suggestions on what to use?

thanks!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: all clad lid for 14' wok

Woks don't need lids.

Oh. You're probably talking about covering it after the cooking's done. Of course. Almost anything will do for that. Many just use aluminum foil.

Oops. You're using your wok for steaming? No opinion.

o

all of the above. i've just used aluminum foil, but DH says why don't we have a lid. oh well, I guess I'll just try a restaurant supply or something...

o

14" is not large for a wok. You'll want a wok lid about an inch smaller than the wok itself. The best place to look for one is an Asian grocery store. If you don't have one nearby you can order a lid from the Wok Shop in San Francisco.

o

Ditto what velodoug said. I just want to add that they sell for about $3.00 in the local Asian groceries - so it's worth the trip if you have one anywhere near you.

Barbara

o

thanks all...my mom suggested that too...

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Cookware Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here