Return to the Cookware Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Tortilla Making Machine

Posted by mickey19 (My Page) on
Wed, Apr 5, 06 at 16:35

Does anyone have experience with the Gonzalez tortilla making machine? I love fresh tortillas but it is alot of work when entertaining for 20 or more. This machine looks like it would do the job but have found little feedback.

Here is a link that might be useful: Tortilla Making Machine

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Tortilla Making Machine

Seems a bit expensive, especially since most of the Central American people I work with buy tortilla's at the local Central American markets.

o

We make tortillas now using a cast iron tortilla press and cook on a cast iron circular griddle(comal). The taste is definitely better than anything I've tried from the market. We've tried a few Mexican markets locally.

Cooking for a family of four is no big deal, cooking for a larger group is much more work. If the machine really works as well and as easy as it appears on the website is the question.

o

I make them too, and they are good, but when I need a lot, I buy them. Most of the Central American markets in Baltimore make their own, they probably use that machine!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Cookware Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here