Return to the Cookware Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Food processor

Posted by mqdsa (My Page) on
Fri, Apr 22, 05 at 14:56

Does anyone have any recommendations for a large food processor/kitchen machine, that includes the capacity to knead dough, grind meat, as well as mix batter?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Food processor

Cuisinart....I have the 11 cup model....makes 2 loaves of bread with ease....but you may want a larger one.
I don't recommend any food processor for mixing batter as it doesn't incorporate air into the mix....and it's very easy to over process and develop the gluten making tough cakes....not an issue with bread!

Linda C

o

kitchenaid 11 cup... powerful, full set of accessories, easier to clean than others...

o

I would go with the first 12 c KA one I posted below, if I had the chance. It has a wider feeding tube than #2, a heavier motor (and the locking mechanism is better than a cuisinart), from what I have heard.

I was given an 11c cuisinart, so I am not complaining, but if something happened to it, I would buy this one...

http://www.bedbathandbeyond.com/product.asp?order_num=-1&SKU=13441014&RN=435

This one is less $, but with the differences listed above.

http://www.bedbathandbeyond.com/product.asp?order_num=-1&SKU=106016&COL=43&RN=435

o

From what I see in the pictures....the feed tubes are the same size in the Kitchen Aid and the Cuisinart.
Amazon has the DLC 14 cuisinart for under $200.
Cuisinart also has the option of buying a imm and a 4 mm slicing blades as well as a fine shredder disc ( great for parmesan and chocolate) and a coarse shredding disc good for potatoes for hash browns, and 2 sizes of juilinne cutting discs.
I have the smaller model and works better than fine for heavy stuff like bread dough.
Linda C

Here is a link that might be useful: cuisinart

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Cookware Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here