Return to the Cookware Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Tramontina Tri-Ply vs. Cuisinart Multiclad Pro

Posted by legalpeach (My Page) on
Sat, Apr 12, 08 at 13:58

Hi everyone! I am in the market for a new set of cookware, having endured wedding Revereware for more years that I can believe. :-) I've been researching obsessively and have decided that all-clad stainless cookware is my best bet. Two of the best choices that seem to fit my needs as a cook (good amateur) and my budget (being careful -- one kid in college and another about to go) are the Tramontina Tri-Ply (the good WalMart stuff) and the Cuisinart Multiclad Pro. In both brands I can get a good 7 or 8-piece starter set and a couple of add-ons without spending a fortune.

I would love to hear some informed opinions about these, and any comparables that you guys might know about. I cook on a Thermador non-pro style gas cooktop, by the way, if that impacts your thoughts.

Thanks so much!!!!!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Tramontina Tri-Ply vs. Cuisinart Multiclad Pro

I have both Tramontina Tri-Ply and Cuisinart MultiClad. They perform exceptionally well on my professional gas stove and clean up is a breeze. I don't think you'll have any problems with either type on your stove. I like the handles on both; the weights and balance are similar. However, I'd recommend that you pick up one piece of each to see which one works better for you.

Amazon.com sometimes has good prices on Cuisinart MultiClad. Sometimes they are individual pieces or sets. Keep checking them out. Their prices for Tramontina are absurd!

Tuesday Morning has decent prices on Tramontina Tri-Ply.

o
RE: Tramontina Tri-Ply vs. Cuisinart Multiclad Pro

My preference is to buy by the piece instead of a set so I am getting only what meets my cooking needs. I now have a complete "custom set" of Tramontina by consistently checking places like TJMaxx.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Cookware Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here