Return to the Cookware Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Have All Clad handles changed?

Posted by antiquesilver (My Page) on
Thu, Apr 24, 08 at 12:58

Recently, I bought a 2 qt sauce pan on the internet & the handle seems to be angled higher than my other AC sauce pans. I went in Wms Sonoma yesterday & checked theirs - some, but not all, of their sauce pan handles seemed to be higher too. I know the LTD2 & Coppercore have a new handle with a hole near the pan, but mine are MC2 & SS.

I know the French skillets have a steeply angled handle compared to the rest of the skillets & saute pans, but I thought that was part of the pan's individual design? Has anyone else noticed this?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Have All Clad handles changed?

I got my pans in November of last year; two of them Fr skillets, two saute pans, and three saucepans (and a stockpot). I know the Fr skillets have steeper angled handles than the other long handled pans, but don't know how the other pans' handles compare to older or newer ones available through various retailers.

o

I'm fairly certain that I'm not hallucinating - you'll note that I didn't say 100% certain!
This is a photo & the aluminum exterior pan is the one that I just bought; I've had the others for several years.
Photobucket

I think this one shows the steeper angle even more:
Photobucket

I've read on this forum how a lot of people don't care for AC's handles & I could never understand their problem. Now I see. IMO unless you're very tall, a medium size or larger pan with this handle will put your wrist at a not-so-comfortable angle.

o

Prior to my November purchases, I'd never owned or even handled (no pun intended!) A-C pots and pans. I only started checking them out shortly before then, while trying to decide which new pans to get to use on my Wolf range (my Farberware/Reverware stuff scorched too much on the higher output burners).

I only noticed the handle angle on the Fr skillets, after I'd purchased and started using them. I wasn't even aware that there was a difference in the handles (bet them and the frying pans). I'll have to check out the handle angles on my saucepans and saute pans, and see if they have varying or the same handle angle(s).

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Cookware Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here