Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
vonfirmath

Looking for 2 qt pan, other cookware questions

littleprincess
15 years ago

So when we were married (4 years ago), I had 1 2qt pan I loved. But I used it so much (and my husband used it so much in the first few weeks of marriage) we decided with some of our wedding money to get another 2 qt pan. When we went to Bon-Marche, we ended up with an All Clad Dutch Oven (excellent piece! Gets used a LOT) and a 3 qt pan because we could not find a 2 qt pan.

The 3 qt pan gets used quite a bit... but we are still constantly cleaning out the 2 qt pan to reuse it.

So again I want to try to find a 2nd 2 qt pan.

(The cookware we use regularly are our cast iron skillet, Dutch oven, the 2 qt sauce pan.)

I also need to replace my square (8x8?) Pyrex pan because it got given away in a situation where it was "easy" to get back... but my husband kept forgetting to ask when picking up the baby and enough time has passed I do not want to ask them for it back now! Is there something else I should get instead of Pyrex?

Has anyone used stoneware for anything besides Pizza? I have an opportunity to get quite a bit of stoneware but am nervous about how to store it, weight, cleaning, etc. (I'm not entirely fond of our cast iron skillet, but my husband loves it and with it, he'll do all the tasks about cooking that I really dislike, like browning hamburger meat. So it gets stored on stovetop and we keep it)

Oh and I have a 1 qt Le Crueset casserole dish that I'd like to figure out how to use because I spent nearly $50 for it and haven't used it in over a year. What does one make in such a small dish? I've got two glass casserole dishes at 2 and 2.5 qt that I use a lot. But its heavier, feels more fragile (and is not stored with the other dishes. Hrms)

Comments (4)