Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
trinkette1

Falk Signature Line: Experience, Thoughts?

trinkette1
10 years ago

I'm having trouble finding reviews/reports regarding Falk Culinair's newer Signature Line which features stainless handles, as opposed to their Classical Line with cast iron handles. Has anyone used or examined the Signature pieces? I'm most interested to hear comparisons in the feel and overall ergonomics. Also, anyone have thoughts on more traditional copper cookware with cast iron vs. contemporary stainless handles? Thanks in advance for sharing your perspective!

Comments (6)

• docsknotinn
    9 years ago

Customer service from Falk USA is beyond dismal. While Falk made a great product in the past their newer lines should just be avoided. Many of the specifications are inaccurate on their web site and they will NOT take returns for any reason. The biggest issue with Falk is their new SS linings pit super easy.
    There's a lot of good copper cookware but really there's just no comparing Copper and Cast Iron. Very different tools each with their own benefits and caveats.

• kitchendetective
    9 years ago

Chowhounds website has many complaints from recent purchasers of Falk cookware. I'm feeling bad about that because I gave some as a gift recently and had no idea that the product had gone down.

• trinkette1
    Original Author
    9 years ago

Humm. I've not read anything about the newer Falk issues, and I normally check Chowhound. Regardless, I'm sorry to hear this. Thank you for your input. As it turns out, I've gravitated over to the 2.5mm Mauviel (with cast iron handles) - perhaps it's for the best ...

• declan
    9 years ago

To be fair, it sounds like docsknotinnâÂÂs bad experience may have more to do with poor service provided by Falk USA than the quality of the products made by the company over here in Europe.

I live in Ireland and own five different pans made by Falk, which are all used regularly and I have absolutely no complaints with. The stainless steel linings havenâÂÂt pitted. Moreover, I have to say the level of customer service I received from them was excellent. For instance, when we discovered a saucepan we bought was a bit small for our needs (after using it a few times) they could not have been more helpful in exchanging this for the next size up.

There are quite a few reviews about the company on Trustpilot which all seem to reflect a theme of customer satisfaction, consistent with my own experience:

Here is a link that might be useful: Falk customer reviews

• kitchendetective
    9 years ago

Pitting in the stainless steel lining after little to one year's use is the issue, I believe. I have also read of the rivets coming loose. I am wondering if there was a lapse in quality control that has now been corrected, or whether this is an ongoing problem.

• splatzy
    8 years ago

I'm liking the Signature line as the handles are lighter, making the overall piece lighter. They need no maintenance unlike the cast iron. The look is more modern. Ergonomics are fine though less balanced than cast iron, understandably. So far no problems with customer service or with pan quality.

Sponsored
Davidson Builders
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars1 Review
Franklin County's Full-Scale General Contractor