Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
mrsmarv1951

Look what followed me home (pics)...

mrsmarv
16 years ago

I was in WalMart yesterday, looking to replace my kitchen timer (DH left it on top of the grill...you can imagine). While I was in the housewares department, I came across a limited selection of Tramontina enameled cast iron cookware (made in China, but it looks well made). One of the pieces they had is a 3-qt. braiser/rondeau. I had asked DH for one for Christmas and when he looked for one, it seemed the only brand that the enameled cast iron braisers came in are the Le Creuset. He balked at the price and the fact they're made in France (but that's another discussion altogether), so I've been on the hunt for an alternative. I'd almost given up hope, until yesterday. This wouldn't have been my first color choice, but I'm not *that* picky. The cost was $30.00, so I feel pretty lucky.

{{gwi:1469163}}

{{gwi:1469164}}

{{gwi:1469165}}

Comments (16)

• gardenlad
    16 years ago

For goodness sake, don't feed it or you'll be stuck with it forever! ;>)

• suzyq3
    16 years ago

"He balked at...the fact they're made in France (but that's another discussion altogether)"

Hmmm...let's see. Gardenlad won't buy French products. Your husband feels the same way. Gardenlad was the first to respond here.

See where I'm goin' here? :-) :-)

• mrsmarv
    Original Author
    16 years ago

Am I missing something? I thought gardenlad's comment was pretty humorous ;o)

• nwesterner
    16 years ago

Saw the same ones at a WalMart last week also. I was looking for an enameled grill pan which they didn't have. They had more than one size, but don't recall which ones. BTW, your range is really, really clean! (And I still like your counters:))

• kimba00
    16 years ago

Here's the link to buy from walmart.com

• kimba00
    16 years ago

Sorry. See link below

Here is a link that might be useful: Tramontina Enameled Iron

• mrsmarv
    Original Author
    16 years ago

nwestener ~ Thank you...and I'm always cooking! I'm probably a tad too anal, but it keeps me sane LOL.

kimba ~ Thanks for the link ;o) I notice the Tramontina offers free shipping to select stores. Maybe soneone looking for one will get lucky.

• gardenlad
    16 years ago

>Am I missing something?I think she's hinting that perhaps you and I are nuptially related.

Of course, SuzyQ's tongue is so far in her cheek it's a wonder she can talk at all. :>)

• mrsmarv
    Original Author
    16 years ago

Hmmm...let's see. I live in NY and you live in KY. That would be some long-distance relationship. Sounds like something out of a book.

"She lived a double life, dangerously close to the edge. Will her sordid little secret come to light?" ;o)

• awm03
    16 years ago

I was in Wal-mart yesterday; how on earth did I not see that? They must've sold out in a flash.

Good going, mrsmarv! Looks like a piece to fall in love with :)

• leel
    16 years ago

So, for starters, I have 4 different pieces of LC--vive la France. For enders, I don't enter Walmart, even though there's one a mile away. France is not a problem, but Walmart is.

• suzyq3
    16 years ago

"Am I missing something? I thought gardenlad's comment was pretty humorous ;o)"

Gardenlad's right, of course, on both the nuptial allusion and my tongue. I didn't actually check out your personal pages or anything. It was a nonreality-based JOKE. Enjoy your pot.

• arley_gw
    16 years ago

"While ivory or ecru might have been more practical--nay, predictable and pedestrian--selecting a brasier in dark green made her feel deliciously naughty."

Hmm, jessy is gonna jump in any minute and we'll all get deleted. Check out the link for some laffs.

Here is a link that might be useful: romance writer's phrase book

• kimba00
    16 years ago

If I had known this kind of fun was going on in the cookware forum, I would've a long time ago! The fact that it's prohibited makes it all the more enticing :-)

Ecru and ivory do have their places though. Always "in"

• gardenlad
    16 years ago

Hey, it ain't just about pots and pans, yaknow.