Return to the Cookware Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Look what followed me home (pics)...

Posted by mrsmarv (My Page) on
Wed, Apr 18, 07 at 9:24

I was in WalMart yesterday, looking to replace my kitchen timer (DH left it on top of the grill...you can imagine). While I was in the housewares department, I came across a limited selection of Tramontina enameled cast iron cookware (made in China, but it looks well made). One of the pieces they had is a 3-qt. braiser/rondeau. I had asked DH for one for Christmas and when he looked for one, it seemed the only brand that the enameled cast iron braisers came in are the Le Creuset. He balked at the price and the fact they're made in France (but that's another discussion altogether), so I've been on the hunt for an alternative. I'd almost given up hope, until yesterday. This wouldn't have been my first color choice, but I'm not *that* picky. The cost was $30.00, so I feel pretty lucky.

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Look what followed me home (pics)...

For goodness sake, don't feed it or you'll be stuck with it forever! ;>)

o

"He balked at...the fact they're made in France (but that's another discussion altogether)"

Hmmm...let's see. Gardenlad won't buy French products. Your husband feels the same way. Gardenlad was the first to respond here.

See where I'm goin' here? :-) :-)

o

Am I missing something? I thought gardenlad's comment was pretty humorous ;o)

o

Saw the same ones at a WalMart last week also. I was looking for an enameled grill pan which they didn't have. They had more than one size, but don't recall which ones. BTW, your range is really, really clean! (And I still like your counters:))

o

Here's the link to buy from walmart.com

o
oops, forgot the link

Sorry. See link below

Here is a link that might be useful: Tramontina Enameled Iron

o

nwestener ~ Thank you...and I'm always cooking! I'm probably a tad too anal, but it keeps me sane LOL.

kimba ~ Thanks for the link ;o) I notice the Tramontina offers free shipping to select stores. Maybe soneone looking for one will get lucky.

o

>Am I missing something?<

I think she's hinting that perhaps you and I are nuptially related.

Of course, SuzyQ's tongue is so far in her cheek it's a wonder she can talk at all. :>)

o

Hmmm...let's see. I live in NY and you live in KY. That would be some long-distance relationship. Sounds like something out of a book.

"She lived a double life, dangerously close to the edge. Will her sordid little secret come to light?" ;o)

o

I was in Wal-mart yesterday; how on earth did I not see that? They must've sold out in a flash.

Good going, mrsmarv! Looks like a piece to fall in love with :)

o

So, for starters, I have 4 different pieces of LC--vive la France. For enders, I don't enter Walmart, even though there's one a mile away. France is not a problem, but Walmart is.

o

"Am I missing something? I thought gardenlad's comment was pretty humorous ;o)"

Gardenlad's right, of course, on both the nuptial allusion and my tongue. I didn't actually check out your personal pages or anything. It was a nonreality-based JOKE. Enjoy your pot.

o

Suzy ~ My apologies for not "getting it". I take things very literally...I suppose it comes from my line of work ;o) I do think it would be a very good short story, though. Reader's Digest, perhaps?

She lived a double life, dangerously close to the edge. Will her sordid little secret come to light? She left work early that day, making sure noone saw which direction she was heading in. As she traveled to her destination, she wondered aloud if she was doing the right thing. Her heart told her one thing, but her sensibilities told her another. What a prediciament she had gotten herself into, but what could she do?
She finally arrived, and with her nerves and senses tingling in anticipation she got out of the car. She looked around, hoping she wouldn't run into someone she knew. After all, what would they surmise she was doing there? She walked with a steady stride to the front doors, hesitated, took a deep breath, and entered. She continued walking until she reached her destination. A smile of satisfaction came across her face. "Hello, my darling. I've been longing for you, to see you, to hold you in my arms.". With that, she picked up the treasured 3-quart Tramontina braiser and made her way to the front of WalMart, thrilled with her newly found acquisition.

o

"While ivory or ecru might have been more practical--nay, predictable and pedestrian--selecting a brasier in dark green made her feel deliciously naughty."

Hmm, jessy is gonna jump in any minute and we'll all get deleted. Check out the link for some laffs.

Here is a link that might be useful: romance writer's phrase book

o

If I had known this kind of fun was going on in the cookware forum, I would've a long time ago! The fact that it's prohibited makes it all the more enticing :-)

Ecru and ivory do have their places though. Always "in"

o

Hey, it ain't just about pots and pans, yaknow.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Cookware Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here