Return to the Cookware Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Mario Batali vs Chefs Choice vs Le Creuset

Posted by jono123 (My Page) on
Sun, Apr 2, 06 at 5:35

hi,

I was in Target's today and boy, does their Chefs Choice enameled cast iron pot look like a Le Creuset.

The Mario Batali pot also looks of simlar quality to the Le Creuset.

Anyone actually compare any of these?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Mario Batali vs Chefs Choice vs Le Creuset

How do they compare in price and quality?

o

Jono, I have a couple of Le Creuset pieces which I really like and have had for years. But I recently bought a Mario Batali's roaster and Dutch Oven. I did a little research on line before buying Batali's. It got good reviews and here in Canada, it was half the price. I also liked the colours. I've used both the Dutch Oven and the roaster a couple of times in the last week and am happy with them. Even after roasting on high heat (500F) the roaster cleaned up beautifully. The fact that the Batali is oven safe to 500F and the Le Creuset to only 450f was another deciding factor. The little Kitchenwares store in Victoria that I bought them in said that they have been selling like hotcakes and they are on their third shipment since Christmas. And they haven't had any complaints or returns.

Ann

o

I want some! I looked on the website and supposedly they sell to Crate and Barrel. I'll call and see. Do they weigh as much as Le Creuset?

o

Thanks Ann.

Compumom, I have seen them at Sur La Table if you have one of these nearby. I have not seen them at my local Crate and Barrel.

o

You're welcome Jono. Ellen, I think that they are heavier than the Le Creuset. I weighed the roasting pan on my kitchen scale and it weighed in at 11 pounds 12 oz. and the Dutch Oven was too heavy for my kitchen scale.

Ann

o

Ellen, Bloomingdales carries the Mario Batali as well.

o

I took Ann's recommendation and just bought the Mario Batali pan. I love it, I really needed a new pan and I picked it up this morning. I like that it is very deep, deeper than the Le Creuset which is what I had been wanting all along. Thanks, Ann! Great price, too! It's in the oven now!

Carol

o

Actually, in looking at the Mario Batali product collection catalog, Batali claims to be "1/2 the weight of traditional cast iron cookware".

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Cookware Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here