Return to the Cookware Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Anyone know the brand of these plates?

Posted by simon1012 (My Page) on
Fri, Apr 4, 08 at 4:56

I really love the look of these plates... does anyone know what brand they are?

http://www.appetizer.dk/plates.jpg

Thanks so much :)
Simon

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Anyone know the brand of these plates?

Sorry, but here's a quicker link

Here is a link that might be useful: link to photo of Japanese plates

o

Thanks for the quicker link. :)

Does anyone have an idea?

o

Hate to break it to you, but the only way you're going to identify that plate is:

1) If you're lucky enough, someone will come along that is familiar with commercial dinnerware in Denmark (where that website is located, and the possible origin of the plate).

or

2) You'll have to visit your local restaurant supply store (not Sur La Table or Williams-Sonoma and the like) and ask to see their institutional ("commercial") dinnerware catalogs.

Here is a link that might be useful: some random manufacturer names...

o

Restaurant supply store, caterers, party rental places, party planners. I googled 'white square plate' and after a LOT of clicks found this.

Here is a link that might be useful: square plates?

o

My Danish is greatly lacking, but my impression is that this is not real dinnerware just a demonstration of the design possibilities available in some type of software.

The china shapes are derivative of a Japanese sushi set but the fact that it is white and the plate is also asymmetrical (notice how the sides increase in height front to back)would likely be a tough sell in the international commercial marketplace used to a stricter compliance with Japanese designs and colors.

The link below is for the new Nexus pattern by Dudson which is white with some similarities to the mystery items.

Here is a link that might be useful: Dudson Nexus pattern

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Cookware Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here