Return to the Cookware Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Can't find porcelain enamelled interior skillet

Posted by iramos (My Page) on
Fri, Apr 4, 08 at 0:51

I love my Le Creuset ovens. Getting an induction oven in a few weeks and I need to replace my skillet. Hardly anyone seems to make a cast iron skillet with the lovely enameled interior like the Le Creuset. I've read complaints about the matte finishes and after my disastrous experience with "seasoned" cast iron I only want the porcelain interiors.

The two I have found are Rick Bayless, but reviews suggest the quality isn't very good - enamel chips easily. Rachel Ray has one, but only with a grill design; not what I'm really looking for.

Can anyone help? TIA

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Can't find porcelain enamelled interior skillet

Are these what you are looking for?

Here is a link that might be useful: Le Crueset Skillets

o

Lots cheaper on Amazon. Look for cast iron enamel skillet.
Linda C

Here is a link that might be useful: Skillet

o

Thanks, but those are the (black) matte finishes I'm talking about...that aren't as non-stick as the white porcelain enamel ones that the Le Crueset dutch ovens have. Basically, I look for the white interior. If it isn't there, I don't think it will be as good.

o

The Le Crueset ones in the link are enamelled in black color. We have two of these skillets for more than 20 years, and they are still in perfect shape. The coating is the same as the white coating on the other Le Crueset pieces.

I just saw a cast iron skillet with white enamel in our local Fry Grocery store. It is not Le Crueset, but I cannot recall the brand name.

Here is a link that might be useful: description of the enamelled skillet

o

"Thanks, but those are the (black) matte finishes I'm talking about...that aren't as non-stick as the white porcelain enamel ones that the Le Crueset dutch ovens have. Basically, I look for the white interior. If it isn't there, I don't think it will be as good."

Call Le Creuset and ask them if the black satin interior is any different than the off-white satin interior on their other pieces. (Hint: There is no difference, other than the pigment.)

If you're set on getting a non-black-interior skillet, try your local HomeGoods/TJMaxx/Marshall's. They always have a few of that type (Made In China) floating around...

o

Thanks. I only wanted the white because I read some reviews on amazon.com about the difference. However, I don't recall which brand they were. If they truly are as non stick as the white (Le Creuset), then I will certainly get them!

o

Here's a link to one with a while interior....there are others at the site, some le Cruset and others less expensive brands.
I really like the dark interior as it doesn't show when it gets stained. And there is no difference in the non stick factor.
Linda C

Here is a link that might be useful: skillet

o

You might want to check out LeCreuset's buffet casseroles. They are basically a skillet with a domed lid, and they have the enamel finish inside.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Cookware Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here