Posted by jejvtr (My Page) on
Tue, Mar 21, 06 at 21:40

and emerilware ss all clad?

thanks
eileen

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Is there a difference between ss all clad

I have no idea if this is true or a salesman not knowing what he was talking about. - I was told the biggest difference is the Aluminum core does not go all the way up on the Emeril. Certainly is some pieces this would not matter.

o
thanks

thanks

o
RE: Is there a difference between ss all clad

That salesman would be correct. All you need to do is examine the pans next to each other. Emerilware's sides are thin, clearly not fully clad. Also, no ware does Emerilware claim to be fully clad. I am not sure that really makes a big or any difference though.

Emerilware SS pans are also quite a bit lighter weight which might be due to the sides. Most of the All Clad SS is magnetic and thus induction capable while the Emerilware is not.

IMO, Emerilware handles are more comfortable.

Now, if you look at the anodized aluminum non-stick, the Emerilware fry pan (the one I was interested in) looks nearly identical to the All Clad. They are similarly thick and have the same non-stick coating. I would have added a non-stick fry from Emerilware if my All Clad SS set did not already come with a 10in non-stick fry.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Cookware Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here